Sunday 27 September 2015

Rising From The Ashes

Like rain drops racing down the windscreen
Staining my cheeks all wet, tears roll down.

Like a car on an erratic drive
My life takes unpredictable turns.

Like a passenger I observe the passing scenery
Events take place and I watch them without balking.

Like aeonian cicatrices and contusions
They leave their mark on my existence.

Like getting stabbed by slender needles
The piercing pains are caused by words.

Like the sun on a bright day
I go out and pretend.

Like the stars at night
Lonely in the dark attic;

Like a stone statue
I sit and contemplate.

Like a gaping, bleeding wound is covered
I suppress and hold back my fears.

Like the candle burns the moth
I hurt whoever comes close.

Like a flimsy dam barely holding up
I feel like I might fall apart.

Like a speck of ember persisting in the ash
My heart struggles to surpass the trash.

Like a warrior who doesn't give up
I try to pick myself back up.

Like no season lasts forever
My melancholy starts to disappear.

Like bearing pain allows you to gain
I standup stronger, having gone through the same.

Like a victor flaunts his prize
I wear my scars with pride.

Like a diamond shines after undergoing pressure
I get back in the saddle being firmer than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment