Thursday 1 October 2015

The Night Prayer

Lying on the vast grass-covered ground 
Cool wind blowing flower scent all around
As the zephyr caresses my countenance,
A smile lights it up as bright as the sun.

Serenity takes over my soul.

Thinking of You I close my eyes.
The absence of all noise, makes me feel
Like on this earth only I am alive
And in the heaven only You exist

Oh, how euphoric it is!

I open my eyes and raise my arm
Towards You, I stretch my hand
As I see the daylight fade
And twilight take its place
I wait eagerly for that hour to reach
When You will be nearest to me

So many stories to tell
So many sorrows to share
So many wishes to whisper
So many sins to repent for

I just lie there and wait for You
The One I can pour my heart out to
The stars shall witness our conversation
I will keep rambling till the break of dawn
Though You are always there to listen
This is certainly the best time for it to happen


No comments:

Post a Comment