Thursday 11 July 2013

Gratitude

The blessings of my Lord are countless
Yet in thanking Him I become so listless
Such a sinful being I am
Feel like a complete sham
What is there that my Lord hasn't given me?
Even the things He withheld from me
He kept them away because He loves me
He is the Great Lord who knows what’s best for me
My lord, I thank You
I thank You with all my heart
My soul is Yours
It bows before You
Because that’s its duty
That’s what You ordered it to do
My lord forgive my sins
Please O Lord love me
I know You do
But I am afraid too
I am such a damn fool
Full of pride, in spite of my utter frailness
My Lord I love You with all I can
And I beseech You to love me
And those whose love You have blessed me with
You have in Your power all
And need the help of no one
Your blessings are countless
You are without doubt the most merciful of all
None of the goods I have are my own earning
You are the one who has blessed me with them
For I have no power over any thing
I take You and You alone as the disposer of my affairs
And I know You will never let me down
As long as I hold tight Your rope
My Lord keep blessing me
And make me of Your grateful, pious beings
Who are as free from pomp and pride

As a pure, new born child 

No comments:

Post a Comment